The Hysteria Triptych
Encased in glass cubes, three women attempt alchemy as water rises. In The Hysteria Triptych, 3 “hysterical” women try to transform their female bodies into something other than: object of desire. mother. property.
The play-a-poem in three parts, explores the consequences and costs of having a female body and the ways in which the “female condition” of hysteria has punished, controlled and oppressed those who throw stones at the glass case.
- Dates: May 22nd to 27th, 2018
- Venue: Rialto Studio, Montréal, QC
- Social media: Facebook
- Youtube: Trailer
- Cast: Jacqueline Van de Geer, Kathleen Stavert, Patrick Abellard, Dayane Ntibarikure
- Playwright: Erin Lindsay
- Director: Cristina Cugliandro
- Set and costume: Diana Uribe
- Sound: Joel Gorrie, Zachari Smith
- Lighting: Jody Burkholder
- Stage management: Heather Ellen Strain, Claire Bourdin
- Videography: Andrew Andreoli